IKO Carrara is an innovative, ecological roofing membrane combining all known technologies for the improvement of the environment. To reduce extremely damaging, so-called secondary particle matter in the air, IKO Carrara brings together many different innovations to create ‘Air Care Technology’.
IKO Carrara mineral finish is coated with a special type of titanium dioxide (TiO2). UV rays cause the membrane to act as a catalyst to convert nitrogen oxides and sulphur oxides (NOx and SOx) – which contribute to the acidification of the environment and the greenhouse effect – into harmless and environmentally neutral substances. IKO Carrara also features IKO’s graphite fire retardant technology, for outstanding fire resistance.
- Purifies air by converting NOx (nitrogen oxide) and SOx (sulphur oxide) into harmless environmentally-neutral substances
- Cool Roof Technology reflects and radiates absorbed heat through infrared radiation, so less internal cooling is needed
- UV protection from the white mineral finish also lowers surface temperatures
by over 30°C, reducing thermal shocks and extending service life by at least
- Improves the urban environment by reducing the ‘Urban Heat Island Effect’
– a blanket of hot air above cities
- Made from recycled materials including regenerated bitumen
from old roof coverings and obsolete stock. The high quality reinforcing carrier uses recycled polymers
- 100% green energy is used in the manufacture of IKO Carrara
Download the IKO Carrara Leaflet:IKO Carrara Leaflet Jan 13
Products – IKO Carrara System
The following components may form part of this system: