For such an important asset like a school, it is essential that your guarantee covers everything it needs to. Use our handy checklist to make sure yours is up to scratch.
You can be safe in the knowledge that all of our IKO guarantees are held with a UK company and cover materials, design, workmanship, consequential loss and contractor insolvency. We take pride in the coverage we provide to our partners, taking the stress out of specifications.Get the right roofing specification
The initial quote should include:
- The location and area of each roof
- Core sample testing and reasons for waterproofing failure
- Proposals for overcoming faults and failure within the existing roofing structure
- Proposed schedule of works and completion dates
- Full details of all proposed materials and application methods
- Proposed guarantees and insurance
- Health and safety precautions
- Any additional specification to be considered
- Quote validation period
Before accepting any guarantee, make sure you ask the following questions:
- What materials are covered by the guarantee?
- Does the guarantee specify if any contractor can be involved or whether they have to be a member of an approved contractor scheme?
- How long does the guarantee last for?
- What specific things would null and void the guarantee?
- Is the guarantee itself covered by insurance?
Pay particular attention to who is responsible for signing off the work and providing a guarantee; whether insurance is provided for the project, what it covers and the coverage period (i.e. when work commences or when work is complete); and the experience of the proposed contractor.
It is recommended to use a contractor who is a member of the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC), uses workers in possession of Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) cards and who have undergone full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
If you need some help navigating an initial quote or guarantee, visit our website to get in touch with the IKO Technical team today.Get the right roofing specification