IKO Roofing Case Studies
Each case study details;
- Project requirements
- IKO product systems specified
- The delivery and improvements of the installation
Please click the titles below to jump to a section;
Roofing – Bituminous Membrane Case Studies
The flat roof is an integral part of modern architecture. But today’s flat roofing systems have come a long way from traditional constructions. Fire, thermal and environmental benefits are now just as important as waterproofing performance.
IKO’s Torch-On Membranes offer simple, rapid application and are installed by skilled, trained operatives. As the bonding bitumen forms part of the core membrane itself, torch-on systems provide additional certainty of completely homogeneous modified bitumen throughout.
IKO’s Hybrid Systems offer the ultimate combination of proven products, speed of application and safe installation practices on site. The systems effectively combine the use of a quality self-adhesive underlay, high-performance PIR insulation, and the proven performance of an IKO Torch-On Cap Sheet.
IKO’s range of flame-free systems include; A choice of built-up adhered system, a robust single layer system that can be bonded, mechanically-fixed or ballasted and a self-adhesive built up roofing system option.
- Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes
- Cherwell School, Oxford
- Christ Church Parish Hall, Bristol
- Ele House University, Hertfordshire
- Gorse Hill Primary School, Stretford
- Northcott Theatre, University of Exeter
- Portslade Academy, Brighton
- The Lakes Estate, Milton Keynes
- The Pavillions, Bristol
- Walker Primary School, Southgate
- Wolverhampton University
- Wythenshawe Hospital
- Ysgol Greenhill School, Tenby, Wales
- Airbus, Stevenage
- Bede Primary School & Community Centre, Gateshead
- Cheswick Green Primary School, Solihull
- Cramlington Learning Village, Highburn
- Euston Station, Camden, London
- Kennedy Gardens Block 2, Billingham
- Lanthorn Community Centre, Livingston
- Parsons Green Primary School, Edinburgh
- Wiggins Metal, Hereford
Roofing – Hot Melt Case Studies
IKO Permatec is a tough, flexible, self-sealing membrane. It is suitable for use as the waterproofing layer in most new build flat roofing applications. Usually when covered by a suitable protection or when used in an inverted or green roof build up.
Roofing – Mastic Asphalt Case Studies
IKO produce a range of specially formulated mastic asphalt roofing, using advanced polymer technology to give the ideal combination of long term durability, increased fatigue resistance, improved temperature stability and ease of installation.
- Blackadder Aisle Glasgow Cathedral
- Chesham and Hanover Flats, London - CarbonZero
- Civic Centre, Southampton - CarbonZero
- Coalhouse Fort - East Tilbury
- Hurst Castle, Kayhaven - CarbonZero
- Plot 700 Winnersh Triangle - CarbonZero
- Round Tower, Portsmouth - CarbonZero
- Westminster Cathedral, London - CarbonZero